St Mary’s, Old HunstantonOpen dawn to dusk
The building is virtually as built in the C14 by Sir Hamon le Strange, although benefitting from a major restoration in 1853 when the roof was raised and the upper walls pierced for the clerestory windows. Much of interest including an early Norman font, an early stone piscina and a carved stone coffin dating back to the 11/12 century. The lower panels of the chancel screen are original C16 paintings representing the eleven faithful apostles with St Paul.
Incorrect information? Update this entry